Coating is the final step in the production cycle of pharmaceutical tablets. Tablet coating has many advantages like:
- Coating increases the stability of the tablet and prevents the degeneration that may be caused by air or light.
- Coating helps overcome the poor taste that the inside components may have.
- Coated tablets display augmented visual appeal in comparison to uncoated products.
It is a very difficult process to select a tablet coating machine, especially for a novice in the pharmaceutical sector. This process could be made a lot more simpler by taking a new approach. This could be done by learning about all the existing tablet coating equipment. Here are some useful equipment for tablet coating along with a brief description about their utilities.
- Keeping an eye on the current market trend, an automatic tablet coater is pressing priority.It is designed for film coating with organic solvents and sugar coating.It has a very high efficiency in terms of energy consumption and material requirement. It also gives a high quality coating. The material to be coated is rotated at a high speed inside a drum under the action of streamlined baffles.The whole process is done under automatic PLC controls with a touch screen interface.
- Conventional coating machines are used to sugar coat tablets and pills.Along with it, they are also used to heat and roll different nuts. The product is filled in a pan and during the rotation, the spraying materias is sprayed according to the need.The speed of the rotation can also be varied accordingly. During this process, hot air is supplied from a system which dries briskly, and thus helps in forming a smooth surface.
- Agitator-stirrers are used to mix different liquids and viscous materials in pharmaceutical organizations.The equipment is easy to use and has a low maintenance cost. They perform different processes such as mixing, dispersion, blending, fermentation, dissolution, oxidation, emulsification, digestion etcetera. Different types of blades are combined according to the needed and then applied to the mixing tank. Mixer blades have different diameter, sweep back angle and slant angle. Apart from pharmaceutical needs, the product can be used in various other sectors like cosmetics and disinfectants..
- Atomized Spraying System is used for film coating of tablets on conventional coating in pharmaceuticals and Agro chemical industries. The spraying system consists of an Atomized spray nozzle, High Precise Peristaltic pump, Stand for Gun, Solution holding tank and automatic controls system. The complete system is based on auto coater machine technology for film coating. It is easy to move and dismantle from one machine to another.
- A colloid mill is a machine used to reduce particle size of a solid in suspension in a liquid. It can also be used to reduce the particle size of solids in suspension. Inside the colloid mill, a high-speed rotor pushes the fluid through small holes in a stationary stator, creating extremely high levels of hydraulic shear..Various applications of a colloid mill include dispersing, emulsifying, homogenizing, grinding and extraction of liquids and ointments. The sizes of these holes or gaps is adjustable, so that the user can control the level of shear. The higher the shear, the smaller the resulting particle size.